ACCIÓN / TRANSACCIÓN III – Buenos Aires, Argentina. Opencall
Until the 31th of december 2019 it will be opened the call for the International Residence ACCIÓN / TRANSACCIÓN III – Buenos Aires [Research on Contemporary Art Market] managed by Curatoría Forense – Latin America and Cooperativa de Arte in relation with Galería Gachi Prieto (Buenos Aires, Argentina) and Proyecto PAC (Buenos Aires, Argentina).
The Art Contemporary Residence ACCIÓN / TRANSACCIÓN III is going to be located in Buenos Aires (Argentina) from the 8 to 19th of april 2020, and it will group together contemporary visual artist, historian, art researchers, curators, art managements and other cultural agents.
The Residency is an instance of reflection, debate and documentation in contemporary Art Fairs and Galleries in Latin America; as well as an exchange opportunity with local agents and organizations.
It is orientated to artists, curators, art historians, managers, art researchers, art teachers and other cultural agents.
The participation is possible by open and public call. The selected applicants will be contacted before January 15th of 2020 to confirm their participation.
Residence objective and work plan.
ACCIÓN / TRANSACCIÓN III – Buenos Aires is an initiative that aims to understand and problematize the complexity of Contemporary Art Market in Latin America through Art Fairs and its relationship with other organizations and institutions.
We will analyze its installation, relevance and influence; and how they affect the processes of acceleration, professionalization and contraction of the Local Scenes in relation to the international context.
Apart from that it is orientated to the promotion and formation of networks between art productors, researchers, critics and other agents dedicated to contemporary art.
Residences are instances of collaborative and cooperative work, that group together art workers to the realization of diary sessions of debate, analysis and production about the announced topic.
It is orientated to artists, curators, art historians, art management’s, art researchers, art teachers and other cultural agents.
- Contemporary Art Fairs in Latin America.
- Contemporary Art as a Research Method.
- Local Scenes and Autonomous management -Artist Run Initiatives.
- Art System, Institutionality and / or Public Policy.
- Intensive Seminaries about Contemporary Art Seminary, Art Research and Art Market in Latin America.
- Resident Portfolio presentation.
- Work and debate meetings.
- Group visits to Institutions and Self Management Art Initiatives in Buenos Aires (Argentina).
- Guide Visit to Art Fair arteBA (Buenos Aires, Argentina).
- Public presentation of research reports.
- Online publication (Fanzine) of the research results.
|Cost by participant:||US$950.- (nine hundred and fifty US dollar)|
|Does not include the transportation expenses to and from the residency location.|
How to Apply.
- By open call for contemporary visual artists, art historians and researchers, curators, art critics and other cultural practicioners.
- The application has to be fill out by the online form.
- Submitting deadline: December 31, 2019
- Selection confirmation: January 15th, 2020.
- Selected participants will be informed by e-mail, which will include production details and dates and method of payment.
- The participation of the selected applicants will be considered confirmed during the second fortnight of january 2020, once the deposit of the 50% of the cost of the stay is paid.
- The cost does not include transportation expenses to and from the residency location.
- Accommodation will be in community dormitories (4 up to 8 people).
- Lunch and dinner are not included. Group meals will be planned.
- Participants will provide photographic and video recordings made during their stay. These will be included in digital editions and on the residency website.
- Invitation letters will be extended to those selected to obtain aid funds for their participation.
- Certificates will be given after the conclusion of the residency.
- During the residency we will pool money to cover group expenses (lunches and group transfers, etc.)
- Jorge Sepúlveda T., Critic and Researcher of Contemporary Art.
- Guillermina Bustos, Artist and Researcher of Contemporary Art.
- Gachi Prieto, Gallerist and Manager of Contemporary Art.
- Julia Ferrari, Coordinator of educational projects.
- Romina Estecher, Artist.
- Jimena Elías, Artist.