AFECTO SOCIETAL III. Guanajuato, México. Opencall
Until January 31th. of 2020 it will be Open Call to the Contemporary Art Residence, managed by Curatoría Forense – Latin America, Cooperativa de Arte and Aparato de Arte.
The contemporary art residence AFECTO SOCIETAL III will be located in Guanajuato (México) from the 29th of April to 10th of May 2020, and it will group contemporary visual artist, art researchers, historians, curators, art managers and other cultural agents.
Participation will be made through a public open call. The selected applicants are going to be contacted until February 15th of 2020 to confirm the participation.
Residence objective and work plan.
Based on the idea of SOCIETAL AFFECTION (personal motivations oriented to a common objetive) this third version of the contemporary art residency has the aim to understand and problematize the formation of community as well as to understand the relation with the local context of this organizations, through conversations, analysis and groupal debate.
Apart from that is oriented to the promotion and formation of networks between art producers, researchers, critics and other agents working in contemporary art.
Residences are instances of collaborative and cooperative work, that group together art workers for daily sessions of debate, analysis and production about the announced topic.
Directed to artists, art researchers, curators, art historians, managers, art teachers and other cultural agents.
- Intensive Contemporary Art Seminary (2 days).
- Resident Portfolio presentation.
- Work and debate meetings.
- Group visits to Institutions and self managed art initiatives in Guanajuato (México).
- Public presentation of research reports.
- Online publication (Fanzine) of the research results.
|Cost by participant:||US$950.- (nine hundred and fifty US dollar)|
|Does not include the transportation expenses to and from the residency location.|
How to Apply.
- By open call for contemporary visual artists, art historians and researchers, curators, art critics and other cultural practicioners.
- The application has to be fill out by the online form.
- Submitting deadline: January 31, 2020
- Selection confirmation: February 15th, 2020.
- Selected participants will be informed by e-mail, which will include production details and dates and method of payment.
- The participation of the selected applicants will be considered confirmed during the second fortnight of february 2020, once the deposit of the 50% of the cost of the stay is paid.
- The cost does not include transportation expenses to and from the residency location.
- Accommodation will be in community dormitories (4 up to 8 people).
- Lunch and dinner are not included. Group meals will be planned.
- Participants will provide photographic and video recordings made during their stay. These will be included in digital editions and on the residency website.
- Invitation letters will be extended to those selected to obtain aid funds for their participation.
- Certificates will be given after the conclusion of the residency.
- During the residency we will pool money to cover group expenses (lunches and group transfers, etc.)
- Jorge Sepúlveda T., Critic and Researcher of Contemporary Art.
- Guillermina Bustos, Artist and Researcher of Contemporary Art.
- Dafne Valdivia, Artist and Manager of Contemporary Art.
- María Fernanda Huerta, researcher and art manager.
- Romina Estecher, Artist.
- Jimena Elías, Artist.