SISTEMÁTICA Y SEDUCTORA II – São Paulo, Brasil. Opencall
Until February 29th. of 2020 it will be Open Call to the Contemporary Art Residence SISTEMÁTICA Y SEDUCTORA II – Biennials of Contemporary Art – September 2020, managed by Curatoría Forense – Latin America, Cooperativa de Arte and Uberbau_house (Sao Paulo, Brasil).
The contemporary art residence SISTEMÁTICA Y SEDUCTORA II – Biennials of Contemporary Art – September 2020 will be located in São Paulo (Brasil) from the 7 to 23 of September 2020, and it will group contemporary visual artist, art researchers, historians, curators, art managers and other cultural agents.
Participation will be made through a public open call. The selected applicants are going to be contacted until March 15th of 2020 to confirm the participation.
Residence objective and work plan.
SISTEMÁTICA Y SEDUCTORA II is an initiative that aims to understand and problematize the complexity of Contemporary Art Biennials in Latin America. We will analyze its installation, relevance and influence; and how they affect the processes of acceleration, professionalization and contraction of the Local Scenes in relation to the international context.
Apart from that is oriented to the promotion and formation of networks between art producers, researchers, critics and other agents working in contemporary art.
Residences are instances of collaborative and cooperative work, that group together art workers for daily sessions of debate, analysis and production about the announced topic.
Directed to artists, art researchers, curators, art historians, managers, art teachers and other cultural agents.
- Contemporary Art Biennials in Latin America.
- Contemporary Art as a Research Method.
- Local Scenes and / or Autonomous management -Artist Run Initiatives.
- Art System, Institutionality and / or Public Policy.
- Intensive Seminaries about Contemporary Art Seminary, Art Research and Art Biennials in Latin America.
- Resident Portfolio presentation.
- Work and debate meetings.
- Guide Visit to 34 Biennial of São Paulo 2020.
- Group visits to Institutions and Self Management Art Initiatives in São Paulo (Brasil).
- Public Presentation of the results of the Investigation.
- Online publication (Fanzine) of the research results.
|Cost by participant:||US$950.- (nine hundred and fifty US dollar)|
|Does not include the transportation expenses to and from the residency location.|
How to Apply.
- By open call for contemporary visual artists, art historians and researchers, curators, art critics and other cultural practicioners.
- The application has to be fill out by the online form.
- Submitting deadline: February 29, 2020
- Selection confirmation: March 15th, 2020.
- Selected participants will be informed by e-mail, which will include production details and dates and method of payment.
- The participation of the selected applicants will be considered confirmed during the second fortnight of march 2020, once the deposit of the 50% of the cost of the stay is paid.
- The cost does not include transportation expenses to and from the residency location.
- Accommodation will be in community dormitories (4 up to 8 people).
- Lunch and dinner are not included. Group meals will be planned.
- Participants will provide photographic and video recordings made during their stay. These will be included in digital editions and on the residency website.
- Invitation letters will be extended to those selected to obtain aid funds for their participation.
- Certificates will be given after the conclusion of the residency.
- During the residency we will pool money to cover group expenses (lunches and group transfers, etc.)
- Jorge Sepúlveda T., Critic and Researcher of Contemporary Art.
- Guillermina Bustos, Artist and Researcher of Contemporary Art.
- Romina Estecher, Artist.
- Jimena Elías, Artist.